Enjoy listening to audiobooks? We've got another great resource for new and classic audiobooks!
OneClickdigital, from Recorded Books, provides library card holders free acces to audiobooks and ebooks on Android and Apple devices.
To use OneClickdigital, you must (a) register for an account, (b) install & set up the app.
A. Register for an account (one time only)
1. Click on the OneClickdigital logo at the top of this page or on our Digital Downloads page.
2. You will be taken to the Create an Account screen. Fill out the form, some notes:
o Username: is permanent! Pick something easy to type and remember, do not use spaces.
o Password: minimum of 7 characters, use letters and numbers.
o Zip code: please provide a 5-digit zip for statistical purposes.
3. Click the Create Account button once, and wait until "Welcome [Your Name]" appears in the upper right corner of the webpage.
B. Install & set up the mobile app:
1. Open the App Store on your device.
2. Search for and install the OneClickdigital eAudio app onto your device (do not choose eReader version). Open app when installation is complete.
3. Select country of USA, then state of Ohio, then click Next.
4. Library – type “Champaign County Public Library,” then click Next.
5. Enter your OneClickDigital username and password in the final two boxes. (You may tick the box next to “Remember Me” to have the app save your information so you won’t have to re-enter it every time you use the app).
You will now be on the My Titles screen, which is the main screen of the app. It will be blank unless you had already checked out books.
Check Out a Book
1. From the My Titles screen, tap Search at the bottom of the app.
o Search or Genre (subject browse) features will allow you to find books that are available to check out right now.
o Library Site option lets you view entire site (if you need to place a hold on a book that is checked out, go this way).
2. The book's details are shown. Use the Checkout button (if using the library site option, and all copies are in use, the button is Hold).
3. Tap My Titles in the upper left corner to return to the main screen of the app.
4. Your new checkout should show. If it does not, refresh the app by tapping the round button with two arrows at the top left corner of My Titles.
Use a Book
1. Use the download button (down arrow) for the book first, or just tap the play button (circular button with arrow) to start both download and play of the book.
2. A screen with the book's cover appears. If the book had not downloaded yet, the first part of the book will need to load (the rest of the book downloads in the background as you listen).
3. The book begins to play. Standard playback controls are below the book cover. The app will keep your place if you pause or stop.
o Early return - tap the i (info) button for the book, and select "return."
o Renew a book - tap the i (info) button for the book, and select "renew." You cannot renew a book if someone else is waiting on hold for it.
o Download All -- option in bottom red border of app - use this if you would like the app to download all parts of all checked out books.
o Download only on Wifi - this option is set by default. To change it or make sure it is on, go to Settings (in bottom red border of app).
o Holds - can view what space you are in line for a hold, or remove holds by:
o go into Search, and select "Library Site."
o when the full site appears, choose "My Collections" then the "Holds" tab.
Need more help? Check out OneClickdigital's Help page.