Public Computer Policy
The Champaign County Library provides free internet access to the public through traditional sit down computer stations as well as wireless access.
Because this is a public resource, the rights of others must be respected and therefore:
- Computers have Internet, Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher and PowerPoint.
- Patrons must sign in at the Service Desk to use public computers.
- Public computers are generally available until 10 minutes prior to closing.
- Sessions are limited to 45 minutes if others are waiting or 3 hours total per day.
- If all public computers are in use, you may join a waiting list at the Service Desk.
- Children under 18 must have parental permission to use public computers. Children under 8 using public computers must have a parent with them.
- Printing from public computers: Black & White: 10¢ per page; Color: 25¢ per page.
- Copies are available for pick up and payment at the Service Desk.
- Do not send, receive or display text or graphics that may be reasonably construed as obscene.
- Please remain compliant with all local, state or federal laws.
- Please do not alter, reconfigure, or damage public computers or network. Do not attempt to install software or access any files, passwords, or data belonging to others.
- Computer usage is periodically monitored by staff.
- Violation of this policy will result in loss of computer privileges.