In 2017, a $50,000 gift was given to the Champaign County Library in memory of Karen Kerns Dresser to establish a Makerspace. The Makerspace, called the Imagine Lab, offers the public access to a wide variety of technology and do-it-yourself equipment. This included 3D printers, heat press, wide format printer, sewing equipment, along with small coding robots, hands-on technology kits, and media conversion equipment. By helping the public learn and practice new skills, the lab supports the mission to encourage lifelong learning and community interaction.
Using the Imagine Lab
First Time Users
- Submit a signed copy of the Imagine Lab Policy (a link to the form is located at the bottom of the page).
- Be sure to have your Champaign County Library Card when you arrive for your reservation.
- If you do not have a card, you can register online HERE.
- The lab is open limited hours, by appointment only.
- Make a reservation by contacting the library at 937-653-3811 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Limit of 1 equipment reservation per day
- Reservations may be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Reservations are for 30 minutes. If you need more time in the Imagine Lab, please send an email email@example.com
What do I need to know?
- Staff assistance in the Lab will be limited at this time. If you are unsure how a piece of equipment works, please check our website for helpful videos and documents.
- If you have never used the Imagine Lab, we highly suggest you make an appointment for a short tour of the Lab and check out what is available!
- You are responsible for the design of your projects. We are unable to make changes to your files or guarantee how your design will appear once completed.
- Most of the equipment requires specific materials and file types. Some supplies are available in the Lab for a small fee. Some supplies must be supplied by the user. See the list of available equipment below for complete details.
- If you are planning to create a custom design for any of the machines, please work on your design in the computer lab or complete it at home. If you do not have your design finished before your reserved time on a piece of equipment, there may not be enough time for you to finish your project.
- If you need to save any files, you will need to bring your own flash drive or SD card.
- Payment is by cash or check only.
- Check out our FAQ page!
T-Shirts - If you wish to make a t-shirt in the Imagine Lab, check out the document at the bottom of the page.
Creativebug offers online video arts and crafts workshops and techniques. Learn how to paint, knit, crochet, sew, screen print, and more!